Alpha 0.12.0 is an upcoming update to Minecraft Pocket Edition. The first release of the Windows 10 Edition Beta will contain all of the features from Alpha 0.12.0.
Sep 8th,2015MCPE 0.12.1 released for everyone on all operating systems. Download:
iOS: apple store
Android: google play
What’s New in Version 0.12.1:
• The Nether and all its inhabitants. Fight Ghasts and make friends with Pigmen.
• Cross platform play for up to five players between Pocket Edition and Windows 10.
• Revamped touch controls, controller support, and a controller mapping screen.
• Enhanced Weather effects! Accumulating snow and more.
• Ocelots! Try taming one with a fish.
• Experience, Anvils, Brewing, and enchantments. Time to up your game, crafter.
• Golems. We recommend you approach with caution.
• Flower pots. We recommend you fill them with flowers.
• Sneaking and sprinting! Express yourself through movement!
• Loads of bug fixes that are too boring to list here.
• Lots, lots more!
Updating: 1/8/2015: MCPE 0.12.1 Alpha Build 3. 30/7/2015: MCPE 0.12.1 Alpha Build 2. 29/7/2015: MCPE 0.12.1 Alpha Build 1 released today only for Android. (this release for tester group only) Note:
Please backup your existing worlds (read backup tutorial here) before use testing version.
To download testing version you will need:
– A Google Plus account.
– An Android device that can run Pocket Edition.
– Minecraft Pocket Edition purchased from the Google Play Store.
Once you have these make sure to join the beta group and follow the instructions there to get the beta.
Fully functional Nether(9 supporters) == We are already getting ready!
Fixed Ghasts(3 supporters) == we need to hear them scream.
Potions(5 supporters) == We already have the effects, why not?
More mobs (12 supporters) == We need so may more…
Weather(?)(1 supporter) == Not imperative, but aesthetically nice.
Music(3 supporters) == Again, not imperative, but aesthetically nice.
Hunger(2 supporters) == We have way too much food.
More Blocks(3 supporters) == Would be nice.
Controller + keybard support.
Left Hand(New GUI)(2 supporters) == make combat a bit more challenging.
Sneaking + Sprinting(5 supporters) == This will make survival so much easier.
In the gameplay above, we can here Tomasso saying that he expects the release to be around the 25th and 29th of July. It looks like much faster meant much faster for real.